Robledo released pending further investigation

On March 1, 2009 at approximately 9:20 pm, officers from the Santa Paula Police department responded to the 700 block of W. Main Street for a call of a gunshot victim. Upon the arrival of the officers, Jesus Ramos was found to the rear yard of his residence suffering from a single gunshot wound to his upper body. After Ramos was given
immediate first aid; he was transported to the Ventura County Medical Center. As of today, Ramos-is still at VCMC listed in stable condition recovering from his injuries.

During the course of the investigation, it was discovered that during a family gathering Ramps became involved in a physical altercation with Anthony Robledo. During the altercation; was shot one time. Based on witness statements, Robledo was initially arrested for attempted homicide and was later released pending further investigation.

As the investigation continued, it was then discovered that 35 year old Leonard Olvera was primary suspect in the shooting involving Ramos.

On March 12, at approximately 0700 hours the Ventura County Sheriff Department assisted Santa Paula Police with the execution of three search warrants at three different locations. Two in the City of Santa Paula and the other in the City of Piru.

The search warrant contained the location of the 100 block of Larmon Loop that was identified as the home of Leonard Olvera. Olvera was not at the location when officers arrived, but was later located at his job site in Simi Valley. Olvera was taken into custody without incident with the assistance of the Ventura Sheriff Department.

The other two locations listed on the search warrant were the 700 block of W. Main Street in the City of Santa Paula and the 500 Block of Camulos Street in the City of Piru. These were identified as residences connected
to Anthony Robledo.

Leonard Olvera was booked at Santa Paula Police Department and later transferred to Ventura County Jail and the investigation into the shooting is on going.